Valentine Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Flippin Awesome Love Poems

jeudi 12 décembre 2019

Hello there,

I'm back with another Valentine card showcasing two new Lawn Fawn stamp sets: You're just my type and Love Poems that are now available in the eshop!

I used the same color combination as the Reveal Wheel card I shared a few days ago but this time I made a Flippin Awesome card. This interactive die is just the good size for the typewriters and is also perfect to write a little love poem on each flap.




So I first started by cutting all the different papers I was going to need to built the Flippin Awesome element. Don't hesitate to check the list of supplies at the end of this post to know which papers I used.

To begin I folded the Flippin piece on the four lines that the die creates in the middle. I used my bone folder to get a crisp fold, and I folded those lines in both directions to help the mechanism work smoothly. I folded the two small tabs as well.




Next I applied double sided tape on the three strips in the middle and also on the square section. I removed the back of the tape and stuck one raspberry square on each section. And I did the same thing with the dark pink squares. To create a carpet floor, I cut half an inch strips out of light pink squares and attached them at the bottom of each dark pink square.

To add some interest to my card, I cut a scalloped rectangle using a die from the Flippin Awesome Add-on die set, and I attached on top of it a pixie dust rectangle measuring 4-3/8 by 2-5/8. This way I get a nice and sparkly contrast between the different shades of pink.




Before attaching the Flippin element to the pixie dust panel, I attached the same pattern papers as before on the inside. Those pieces were cut using a rectangle die from the Flippin Awesome Add-on die set. With those elements, I get a consistent look on the whole piece.

To attach my Flippin element on the pixie dust panel, I first applies double sided tape on the small tabs, I removed the back of the tape, folded the Flippin piece in half, hug the tabs around it, and then attach it to the panel.



Next I stamped the images on smooth white cardstock using jet black ink and colored them using my alcohol markers. When it was done, I cut the images using the coordinating dies. I also cut two hearts using dies from the Candy Hearts die set that was released last year, as well as the pull tab where I stamped the phrase Pull Here.

All the images were stuck using glue dots and liquid glue.

To add interest and texture to my card base, I cut a Quilted panel out of Ballet Slippers cardstock and attached it to a white card base. I stuck my Flippin element on this quilted background using liquid glue and stuck a banner where I white heat embossed the phrase "Just a little note to say..."




Because my card needed a little bit of shine, I cut tiny gold mirror hearts using the brand new Xoxo Backdrop Landscape die, and glued them on the flaps. And finally I applied clear glitter on the candy heart.


VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- You're just my type stamp + die sets
- Love poems stamp + die sets
- Merry mice for chibitronics stamp + die sets
- Xoxo backdrop landscape backdrop
- Flippin awesome die set + add-on
- Simple wavy banner die set
- Candy hearts die set
- Quilted backdrop
- Ballet slippers cardstock
- Pixie dust cardstock
- Raspberry cardstock
- Spring fling 6x6 paper pack
- Spiffy speckles 6x6 paper pack
- Knit picky Fall 6x6 paper pack
- Glitter pen
- Jet black ink
- White embossing powder
- Clear embossing ink

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Sakura white gel pen
- Gold mirror cardstock from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire