Valentine Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Iceland Landscape - Center Picture Window Card

samedi 21 décembre 2019

Hi there,

Today I have a center picture window card to share with you. It features the brand new Stud Puffin stamp set by Lawn Fawn and you will see that I've made a modification in the inside of the card.



I started with the card base. I cut the main panel out of Fog cardstock, as well as four rectangles out of Moonstone, Noble Fir, No. 2 Pencil and Blue Jay cardstocks.


I used Moonstone cardstock for the sky, and used different dies to cut borders out the three other rectangles: a stitched mountain border (green), a stitched simple wavy border (light brown) and an ocean border (dark blue) from the shadow box card ocean add-on die set. I added some contrast to those three borders and the card base as well using distress inks.




My idea for this card was to make a natural environment for my puffins. Those seabirds live in the North Atlantic so I thought it would be fun to recreate an Iceland landscape with colorful houses, mountains and even the volcano that has an unpronounceable name ^^


I was planning to have a whale on the front of my card so I used a small die from the Ocean Wave Accents die set to create a opening in my ocean border.


Next I stuck my borders on the front of my card base, except for the ocean border that I attached later when the coloring was done. I also stuck a Fog rectangle at the back of the card so I could write my message at the end.




For the inside I did the exact same process as before with the borders, except that instead of the ocean border, I added grassy borders.


For the inside middle section on my card, I cut a center picture panel out of Fog cardstock but didn't use the whole piece. I just cut a quarter strip out of it and used this strip as a base for my puffin little middle scene.


I folded it in half and the tabs as well using my bone folder, I applied double sided tape on the tabs, aligned the middle of this strip with the middle of my card base and I folded the tabs behind to stick the strip. To cover this strip I needed grass. So I cut a rectangle out of Cilantro cardstock and used it to cut a grassy border. I folded it in half, added mowed lawn distress ink at the top of it, and glued it on the strip.




Next I colored the images using my alcohol markers, cut them using the coordinating dies and attached everything using a combination of liquid glue and glue dots. When it was done, I stamped  birds in the sky using a small stamp from the Happy Village stamp set and also stamped the second part of my sentiment "to my stud puffin".




I wanted to add smoke coming from the chimneys so I used a coordinating die from the Happy Village stamp set to cut four smoke elements out of vellum that I glued at the top of each house. I finished the card with the first part of my sentiment. I white heat embossed the words "Sending love" on blue jay cardstock, trimmed it off to create a thin banner that I attached on the front panel of my card using glue dots.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES


Stamp sets
- Stud puffin
- Mermaid for you
- Yeti or not
- Bicycle built for you
- Eggstra amazing Easter
- Butterfly kisses
- Rub a dub dub
- Winter village
- Happy village
- Ahoy, matey
- Rawrsome

Dies
- Center picture window + add-on
- Stitched mountain border
- Grassy border
- Stitched simple wavy border
- Shadow box card ocean add-on
- Ocean wave accents

Cardstocks
- Fog
- Cilantro
- Moonstone
- Noble fir
- N°2 pencil
- Blue jay

- Jet black ink
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, broken china, peeled paint, rusty hinge, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Vellum from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire