Lawn Fawn - At The Aquarium

lundi 13 juillet 2020

Hi there,

Today's card was inspired by some cute penguins visiting the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. The aquarium had just closed due to the virus and the staff let the penguins walk to go see their under water friends. I thought that was just so adorable so I recreated it.



I started with the coloring. Stamped the images using jet black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies and used my alcohol markers to color everything.

When it was done, I moved on to the background. I cut a slimline panel out of strathmore bristol cardstock, masked the bottom using washi tape, and used the new brick stencil along with hickory smoke distress ink to create the wall of the aquarium. Next I added texture: I smooshed my hickory smoke ink pad onto my glass surface, added water and used a thin brush to create drops on the paper.

Next I moved the washi tape a little bit higher and created the floor using black soot distress ink.



I created three small aquariums. I started by tracing the shape of it on my paper, I cut that shape and next I used shades of blue to make an underwater background: tumbled glass, salty ocean, chipped sapphire and black soot distress inks.


Once I was happy with the result, I added water that I dried using my paper towel. And next I mixed water with chipped sapphire and black soot in order to add more contrast at the bottom of my panel.

I did the exact same thing on two other panels, and die cut the elements to build the aquarium: three frames out of fog cardstock and two strips out of black licorice cardstock.

I started by glueing a frame on the underwater panel. Next I put the thin strips in place. And attached two more layers to create a nice dimension.

And to totally complete this aquarium, I added the black strips at the top and bottom.

I did the same thing on the two other underwater panels, and on one of them, I white heat embossed my sentiment 'Hope your day is fintastic'.



Next I assembled everything, starting by sticking the three aquariums on the brick panel. I used double sided tape to attach those elements along with a T ruler to make sure that they're were perfectly aligned. And then I filled up the aquariums with the images using glue dots and attached the cute penguins using foam squares

Once everything was attached, I added white highlights on the images, stamped a few bubbles here and there, and finally stuck my panel on a grey cardbase.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Ocean shell-fie
- Here we go a waddling
- You are sublime
- Mermaid for you
- Fintastic friends
- Keep on swimming (for the sentiment)

Die sets
- Build an aquarium
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangles

Misc.
- Brick stencil
- Fog cardstock
- Black licorice cardstock
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Jet black ink


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, chipped sapphire, black soot, hickory smoke
- Sakura white gel pen
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire