Lawn Fawn - A Picnic Scene - Magic Iris Card

jeudi 30 juillet 2020

Hi there,

For today's card, I did my all time favorite thing: I mixed and matched a bunch of sets to create a super cute scene in the countryside. The idea here was that we get back to our mice family again, but just the parents. They dropped off the kids at the grandparents and hit the road to go camping in the countryside, just the two of them.


I first started by stamping all the images on 80lbs neenah solar white cardstock using jet black ink, I used the coordinating dies to cut them all and used my alcohol markers to color all the images.


When the coloring was done, I cut the main panel and the arrow handle out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock. I temporarily taped the arrow handle to the main panel using washi tape, and I created the sky using the cloudy stencil along with tumbled glass distress ink.

I created texture by adding water drops on my panel that I dried using a paper towel, and I brought a little bit of contrast by mixing salty ocean distress ink with water in order to create tiny drops using a thin brush.


I cut two grass borders out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock again, and colored those elements using shabby shutters and peeled paint distress inks.

Next I moved on to the magic iris and I invite you to follow the link to my video at the end of this post. It's always easier to understand with images ^^ 

When the magic iris was done, I applied double sided tape and liquid glue on the front of the ring, I lined up the main panel on top to stick everything together, and next I attached the grass borders using double sided tape.


Next I created a 5,5 x 4,25" card base using sticky note cardstock along with two pattern papers from the Spring Fling 6 x 6 paper pack and from the Perfectly Plaid Chill 6 x 6 paper pack. I placed my magic iris panel on that card base, applied liquid glue at the back of my sentiment circle and tucked that circle right in the middle. And finally I applied foam at the back of the magic iris panel and stuck it in place on the card base.


I attached the images using glue dots and foam squares to bring dimension on some parts of the scene. When everything was attached, I added white highlights on the images and finally added a yellow arrow on the handle to match the pretty yellow paper on the card base.


VIDEO
(click on the image below)




LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Crazy antics
- Car critters
- A bug deal
- Dandy day
- Critters down under
- Life is good
- Bicycle built for you

Die sets
- Magic iris
- Magic iris add-on
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Grassy borders

Misc.
- Cloudy stencil
- Jet black ink
- Perfectly plaid chill 6x6 paper pack
- Spring fling 6x6 paper pack
- Sticky note + sunflower cardstocks
- Glue dots


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, shabby shutters, peeled paint
- Sakura white gel pen
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire