Isabel Cristina Stamps - Mission to Mars Pop-Up Card

vendredi 24 juillet 2020

Hi there,


Today's card features a new set designed by Isabel Cristina Stamps. It's called Space bunnies and contains a bunch of cute planets and funny bunnies ready to conquer the universe!




I started by printing most of the images. I printed them on 80lbs neenah solar white cardstock, cut them all using my scan n cut and colored everything using my alcohol markers.

When the coloring was done, I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" panel and colored it using some oxide inks: blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot. Once the ink blending was done, I created texture: first some water drops to bring brightness, and next I used the liquid stardust to create a million shiny stars. And finally I added a touch of darkness by splattering drops of black soot distress ink mixed with water.




When my panel was dry, I used stitched circle dies to create lines on my galaxy background. I placed those dies right in the center on the panel and sent everything to my die cutting machine.




For the inside of my card, I cut another 5,5 x 4,25" panel and used scattered straw, dried marigold, spiced marmalade and vintage photo distress inks. Next I splattered water drops on my panel and used the same inks mixed with water to create more texture and contrast.

Next I cut a dark brown card base and attached both of my panels: the solar system one one on the outside and the planet Mars one on the inside.




To ground my scene on Mars, I cut a hillside pop-up border that I colored using vintage photo distress ink. I covered the entire element and next I used the same ink mixed with water to add a sand and rock texture to that border.

Next I attached that pop-up border inside the card, and then I stuck all the images: the planets on the outside and the bunnies + spaceship on the inside.




For my sentiment, I first white heat embossed the words 'I love you to' and 'and back' on the remaining space I had inside the card and I cut the word Mars out of a shiny orange cardstock using the Rascal Alphabetters die set by Heffy Doodle. And I attached those letters using glue dots.

Finally I came back to the outside panel and added more sparkles to it by applying white blizzard nuvo drops here and there.



VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



SUPPLIES
- Space bunnies digital stamp set by Isabel Cristina Stamps
- Large stitched rectangle stackables by Lawn Fawn
- Stitched hillside pop-up borders by Lawn Fawn
- Just stitching double circles by Lawn Fawn
- Rascal alphabetters die set by Heffy Doodle
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot, scattered straw, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, vintage photo
- Distress ink: black soot
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Ground espresso cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Shimmery "tropical" cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Out of this world stamp set by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire