Lawn Fawn - Jurassic Park Slimline Card

mercredi 22 juillet 2020

Hey there,

Today's card was inspired by the movie Jurassic Park. It's one of my all time favorite movies so I'm very excited to share this new card with you.

Like always I started by stamping, cutting and coloring all the images.





When the coloring was done I cut several elements out of Strathmore bristol cardstock to build a background: 2 grass borders, a hill border, a mountain border and a rectangle for the sky.

I colored the grass and mountain borders using peeled paint and forest moss distress inks, and texture was created using the same inks mixed with water.

I used antique linen and gathered twigs distress ink to color the hill border.




And for the sky, I first applied scattered straw distress ink on the panel, and used the cloudy stencil along with wild honey distress ink to create clouds in the sky. And I added texture to that sky by splattering water drops first. I dried the panel using my paper towel, and next I used scattered straw, spiced marmalade and a little bit of candied apple to add texture to the sky.

Next I assembled the background on an 8,5 x 3,5" slimline noble fir card base.




I stamped the second part of my sentiment 'means you're dino-mite' at the bottom of my panel using jet black ink. And next I attached the first part of my sentiment. It was made using the Oliver's ABCs die set, I used a red pattern paper from Really Rainbow and ground coffee cardstock to create shadows.

Next I stuck all the images using a combination of foam tape and glue dots. And finally, and to make the scene a little bit more fun, I stamped the words 'hello' and 'eeek', cut them into tiny banners and attached them above the car critters and next to the t-rex.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Car critters
- Rawrsome
- Gleeful gardens
- Rawr
- Critters from the past
- How you bean?
- Spooky village

Die sets
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangles
- Grassy hillside borders
- Stitched mountain borders
- Stitched hillside borders
- Oliver's ABCs

Misc.
- Jet black ink
- Cloudy stencil
- Really rainbow 6x6 paper pack
- Ground coffee + noble fir cardstocks


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: peeled paint, forest moss, antique linen, gathered twigs, scattered straw, wild honey, spiced marmalade, candied apple
- Sakura white gel pen
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi Marine!! I LOVE this card! Would you mind telling me what stamp set the trees on this card are from?

    RépondreSupprimer