Lawn Fawn - Summer Slimline Card

mercredi 8 juillet 2020

Hello there,

After celebrating the 4th of July in New York City, our cute mice family decided to take some days off by the ocean to build sand castles and eat ice creams of course.



I first started with the coloring. Like always I picked a bunch of stamps from different sets and I stamped everything using jet black ink on neenah solar white cardstock.

When it was done, I cut a slimline panel out of strathmore bristol cardstock using a die from the Large stitched 4 bar rectangle die set to create stitched details on the paper. And I made a pretty simple background, starting with some scattered straw oxide ink at the bottom of my panel to create a sand border. For the sky I covered the rest of the panel with tumbled glass and salty ocean oxide inks.



For the icecream booth, I used dies from the Build a house die set to create it. A house base out of woodgrain cardstock and an awning out of white cardstock. And I cut a large window out of the house element.

I added texture to the house element, and cut thin strips to create a window frame. Next I colored the awning using my alcohol markers, and it was done, I assembled the icecream booth.



Next I added white highlights on the images, and attached everything on my slimline panel using glue dots, liquid glue and foam squares to bring dimension to some parts of the scene.

I stamped my sentiment "Life is good" from the Life is good stamp set using jet black ink. And finally I attached my panel on a vanilla malt card base. 


VIDEO
(click on the image below)


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Sweetest flavor
- Village shops
- Wild for you
- Coaster critters
- Critters from the past
- On the beach
- Super star
- Dandy day
- Life is good
- Smooth sailing
- Merry mice for Chibitronics
- Love poems

Die sets
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangles
- Scalloped pop-up box card
- Build a house

Misc.
- Jet black ink
- Woodgrain cardstock
- Vanilla malt cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: scattered straw, tumbled glass, salty ocean, vintage photo
- Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso
- Sakura white gel pen
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire