Lawn Fawn - Singing in the Rain Platform Pop-Up Card

mardi 22 mars 2022

Hey there,

I'm so glad to be back on Lawn Fawn YouTube Channel with this new platform pop-up card that is inspired by this Singing In The Rain mini slimline card I made back in February for Spring release week.


I started by stamping all my images using jet black ink, except for the lamp posts. I wanted to add a bit of shadows on those two images so I stamped them using river rock ink. I cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everything using my alcohol markers.


Next I created the platform pop-up card base. I cut the different elements out of Strathmore bristol cardstock: 2 main pieces, 3 t-shape pieces, and a background panel. On the background piece, I created a rainy night sky using blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks, as well as the rainy sky stencil + fairy dust stencil paste. And for the platform pop-up itself, I used hickory smoke distress ink + oxide ink as well as the brick stencil. And I invite you to watch the video down below to see the whole inking and building process ^^


Once the scenery was built and complete, I stuck my cute images on the t-shape pieces using 3mm glue dots. Next, I created my sentiment in two parts: for the 1st part I white heat embossed the phrase "Rain or shine" on a black licorice banner, and for the 2nd part I created the word "Sing". I cut the letters twice: out of peacock cardstock and out of white cardstock. I glued the white letters behind the peacock ones to create an outline, and then I stuck those letters on the front of the platform, with the small banner right above it.


To decorate the side sections, I glued some music notes, and to stay in this rainy theme, I finally applied a coat of glossy accents on the letters to bring a shiny and wet effect.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Beary rainy day
- Elphie selphie
- Here we go a waddling
- Critter concert

Die sets
- Platform pop-up + add-on
- Henry's ABCs
- Everyday sentiment banners

Misc
- Rainy sky stencil
- Brick stencil
- Fairy dust stencil paste
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Jet black ink
- River rock ink
- Peacock cardstock
- Black licorice cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot, hickory smoke
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire