Christmas in July Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Rainbow Shaker Card

jeudi 21 juillet 2022

 Hi there,

I'm super happy to be back on Lawn Fawn YouTube Channel to continue my Christmas in July card series! Today I'm showcasing this bright rainbow shaker card that I hope will inspire you to use non traditional colors on Christmas cards.

I started right away with the background, and cut a Stitched Snowflake panel that I colored using distress oxide inks: kitsch flamingo, squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and wilted violet. Once my rainbow panel was done, I added a few white splatters all over it. And while it was drying, I stamped, cut and colored some images.


Next I created the shaker. I used the second Small stitched rectangle to cut an opening right in the middle of the rainbow panel. At the back of that panel I added double sided tape on the four edges and stuck a piece of vellum. Next I added two layers of foam tape at the back of the panel, all around the opening. I applied powder inside the opening on the foam edges in order to make those edges non sticky, and then added a shaker mix on the vellum. I peeled the backing off the foam tape, and attach a piece of Really Rainbow Christmas paper to totally close the shaker.

Next I decorated the front of the panel. I cut three Stitched Scalloped frames out of white cardstock, and layered those three pieces on top of each other to frame our shaker window nicely.


I cut a Sweet Scripty Word out of Gold Glitter cardstock, and I also white heat embossed the first part of my sentiment on a Black Licorice Everyday Sentiment Banner. And then I stuck all those different elements + images on my card. I attached the panel on a white card base, and as always I finished my card by adding white highlights and details to the images.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
Just add glitter
- A creature was stirring
- Unicorn picnic
- Purrfectly wicked
- Love poems
- Offset sayings Christmas

Die sets
- Stitched snowflakes backdrop
- Stitched scalloped rectangle frame
- Large stitched rectangle stackable die
- Small stitched rectangle stackable die
- Everyday sentiment banner die
- Sweet scripty word die

Misc
- Really rainbow Christmas paper pack
- Black licorice cardstock
- White cardstock
- Gold glitter cardstock
- Vellum
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: kitsch flamingo, squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, wilted violet
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Shaker mix by Spellbinders
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

1 commentaire: