Christmas in July Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Christmas Under The Ocean

jeudi 28 juillet 2022

 Hello there,

I'm super happy to be back on Sunny Studio blog with one last Christmas in July card. I had a lot of fun making this series, and I hope you appreciated it as well! Today we're going under the ocean to celebrate Christmas with some adorable Fintastic friends.

I started off with the underwater background. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panel, and worked on the bottom part first. I created a sand border using a hill stencil, along with antique linen and vintage photo oxide inks. And once the inking was done, I added texture on that sand border: white ink + water splatters, and vintage photo oxide ink + water splatters.

Next I covered the sand border using the hill stencil, and I created the ocean on the upper part of the panel using oxide inks again. From the sand border towards the top of the panel I applied chipped sapphire, blueprint sketch, peacock feathers and salvaged patina. I also added texture: water splatters, chipped sapphire oxide ink + water splatters, and white ink + water splatters.


I set the paper aside to dry, and worked on the images. I stamped them all using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, cut them using the coordinating dies and colored everything using my alcohol markers with greys, pinks, aquas, blues and purples.

Fintastic friends: sea critters
Ocean view: crab +reef
Penguin pals: small fishes + hat
Christmas critters: small hat
North pole: nice list


After the coloring, I stamped my sentiment at the very top of the panel using clear embossing ink and silver embossing powder. I picked the words "Wishing you a" + "Christmas" from Santa Claus lane, and "Fintastic" from Fintastic friends to make the phrase "Wishing you a fintastic Christmas", and then I attached all the images on the panel using 1mm foam squares.

Finally I glued a few clear droplets here and there, and added highlights and details to the images using a white gel. And done! Super bright and so cute, I hope you like it. As always you will find more details in the process video so feel welcome to check it out! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week!


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Fintastic friends stamp set
- Ocean view stamp set
- Penguin pals stamp set
- Christmas critters stamp set
- North pole stamp set
- Santa Claus lane stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: antique linen, vintage photo, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Hill stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Extreme black ink by My Favorite Things
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Clear droplets by Studio Katia

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire