Christmas in July Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Ocean View & Sandman

jeudi 14 juillet 2022

Hey there,

I'm so happy to be back on Sunny Studio blog with more Christmas in July inspiration! Today I'm featuring the gorgeous Ocean view stamp set, and a cute snowman from Feeling frosty that I turned into a sandman.

I started off with the coloring. I stamped the Ocean view image on a large piece of cardstock, and colored it using my alcohol markers. And I picked a few additional stamps from different sets to complete my scene:

Christmas critters: the Christmas hat
Farm fresh: a crow that will become a seagull
Balloon rides: the sun
Savanna safari: the small rocks + grass


I wanted both crabs to look at the sandman. One of them was already looking in the right direction, but the other one was not. So I stamped a third crab and cut his eyes off, and I stuck those eyes on the second crab to make him look at the sandman.

I trimmed the Ocean view panel into a 5,5 x 4,25" portrait panel, and then used the coordinating die to get rid of the top of the panel. I also cut a piece of Spring sunburst pattern paper to make the sky, and I attached both pieces on a card base.

I stamped my sentiment at the bottom of the panel using words from two different sets: "Have a" + "Christmas" from Lazy Christmas, and "Clawsome" from Best fishes to get the following phrase "Have a clawsome Christmas". And next I attached all the images on the panel using foam squares.


As always I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, I added a bunch of dots on the ocean lines to bring a reflection effect to the waves.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Ocean view stamp set
- Christmas critters stamp set
- Farm fresh stamp set
- Balloon rides stamp set
- Savanna safari stamp set
- Lazy Christmas stamp set
- Best fishes stamp set
- Spring sunburst 6x6 paper pack


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Black versafine ink
- Extreme black ink by MFT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire