Holiday Card Series 2016 - Winter Fairies

lundi 3 octobre 2016

Hello there!

Making this card was so so so fun! Look at these little fairies wearing scarves and earmuffs, aren't they adorable?! Creating winter scene is definitely my favorite thing!

I first die cut two simple stitched hillside borders: one from craft paper, and another one from white cardstock. And then used that white hillside border to create the snow cap using a stitched hillside border die.


I stamped my images on watercolor paper using waterproof black ink, colored them using distress inks and cut them using the coordinating dies.

To create my background I blended distress inks and applied white embossing paste using a falling snow stencil. Once everything dry, I glued the tree house on the little mountain and tucked a bunch of pine branches behind it using mini glue dots.


As there was a falling snow background, I thought it would be fun to add some snow piles on the tree house. And I had the feeling that something was missing so I stamped a mushroom, two little gifts and the third fairy, colored and dit cut them the same way as the other images, and glued them using foam squares.

I stamped my sentiment, added clear glitter on the fairies' wings and on the snow parts, tied and glued a knot, glued my pannel on some red & white diagonal paper, and adhered everything on some heavy white cardstock. Finally I glued a bunch of sequins to add some more sparkles.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- "Frosty Fairy Friends" stamp set + coordinating dies from Lawn Fawn
- simple stitched hillside border die from Lawn Fawn
- stitched hillside border die from Lawn Fawn
- "Falling Snow" stencil from Simon Says Stamp
- white embossing paste from Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi
- distress inks from Tim Holtz: weatheded wood, candied apple, mowed lawn, tumbled glass, tattered rose, walnut stain, broken china
- black dye ink from Hero Arts
- watercolor paper from Canson
- craft cardstock from my stash
- red & white diagonal paper from American Crafts
- 110lb white cardstock from Neenah
- wink of stella glitter from Zig

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire