Holiday Card Series 2016 - Decorating the tree

mardi 15 novembre 2016

Hey there!

Here is another winter scene I made using one of my favorite Lawn Fawn stamp set from this year release.


I first started by stamping all my images on watercolor paper using my Misti tool to save some time, colored them using distress inks (my favorite coloring technique) and cut them using the coordinating dies.

I started to build my scene, and for that I used pop-up dies in order to add dimension to my card. Then I attached the "floor", the "rug" and the "wallpaper" using double sided tape. And to add more interest, I glued a "baseboard" and some lace ribbon. To mask the holes behind by the pop-ups, I glued a piece of the same plaid paper.


Then I gathered all my images and glued them together: the decorations and the presents on the Christmas tree, a squirrel on the ladder, and the deer, a squirrel and the bird holding the star. I added some sparkle on the Christmas tree decorations, the gifts' ribbons and the little red hat using glitter pens.

To make the whole card cleaner and steady, I attached the panel on some heavy craft cardstock.


To create my sentiment, I gold heat embossed one part on some dark brown cardstock and stamped the other part directly on the "floor" using black ink.

Finally, I made the closing for my card. I stamped my images on watercolor paper, colored them using distress inks and used a stitched circle to frame everything. I die cut a scalloped circle from dark brown paper to make a nice border. Finally, I glued the whole piece on a craft strip that I attached around my card.



VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Cheery Christmas stamp set + coordinating dies from Lawn Fawn
- Everyday pop-up dies from Lawn Fawn
- Perfect plaid pattern paper from Lawn Fawn
- Brown cardstock from Lawn Fawn
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: walnut stain, rusty hinge, peacock feather, wild honey, festive berries, lucky clover, mustard seed
- 110lb solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Watercolor paper from Canson
- Wood floor from my stash
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts
- Glitter pens from Uniball
- Lace ribbon from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire