Holiday Card Series 2016 - Holidays in Paris

mercredi 9 novembre 2016

Hey there!

Here is a new city skyline holiday card I made using a die I found at my local craft store and a thing I had never used before: masking paper.


I first started by cuting different things: a rectangle from watercolor paper, and three Paris skylines using a die from Marianne Design. I love this die so much, I think it's so beautiful!

I die cut a circle from masking paper and attached it where I wanted the moon to be placed. Then I applied my distress inks to create my night sky, and splattered my paper with silver liquid ink to make the illusion of falling snow.


Removing the masking paper was my favorite part during the process, I really love how it turned out!

I glued together the three skyline pieces and attached the whole piece to the background, and as the background was a textured paper, I used my Misti tool to stamp Santa twice to get a nice result.


I glued together three black stitched scallop border and cut a black glitter one using the same die to build the frame. I attached everything on black cardstock, and finally silver heat embossed my sentiment into the card.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Paris skyline die from Marianne Design
- Joy to the World stamp set from Avery Elle
- Comfort & Joy stamp set from Avery Elle
- Stitched scallop edge frame from My Favorite Things
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: salty ocean, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Black cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Circle die from my stash
- Masking paper from Simon Says Stamp
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts
- Silver color mists from Mister Huey's
- Black glitter paper from Rayher
- Metallic platinium sparkle embossing powder from Wow!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire