SSS October Card Kit - Golden Squirrels

samedi 12 novembre 2016

Hey there!

Here is a card I made a while ago using the October Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp. I loved everything about this kit: the plaid papers, the squirrel stamps and those cute little acorns.


As always, or almost always, I first started by cutting rectangles from different papers: one from craft cardstock, one from dark brown paper (included in the kit) and one from plaid paper (included in the kit). And then from this last two rectangles, I cut some kind of round shapes.

I used my Misti tool to make sure my little squirrel stamps (included in the kit) were positioned perfectly straight, and then gold heat embossed them; I think gold and autumn colors go very well together.


I attached the plaid piece and the dark brown piece to the craft base. And then I punched two pieces from white paper and from gold mirror paper to create a little frame for my sentiment. I attached gold thread using mini glue dots and glued my frame on top of it using foam squares.

Attached everything on some heavy white cardstock, glued a little acorn (included in the kit) between the two squirrels and added a bunch of gold sequins to finish the card.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- the October card kit from Simon Says Stamp
- large stitched 4 bar rectangle die from Lawn Fawn
- 110lb desert storm cardstock from Neenah
- oval punch from Stampin Up!
- oval scalloped punch from Stampin Up!
- versamark ink from Tsukineko
- gold embossing powder from Aladine
- gold mirror cardstock from Maildor
- gold thread from my stash
- 4mm + 6mm gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire