Newton's Nook - Hello from NYC

jeudi 24 novembre 2016

Hey there!

Here is a card I made using for the time a product from Newton's Nook: the "Newton dreams of New York" stamp set. I love this stamp set, I think it's so fun and pretty! And I love this city so...


I first started by stamping my background on watercolor paper using black waterproof ink and almost all the images included in the stamp set. Then I die cut a rectangle in that background and started coloring everything using distress inks.

I also stamped the cat on watercolor paper, cut the image using my Big Shot and the coordinating die and colored it using distress inks. I think he's so cute with his t-shirt saying I ❤ NY!


To create my sentiment, I die cut the word hello three times and glued the three pieces together to get more dimension.

Then I attached everything: my cat to a vellum circle using foam squares, the vellum to the background using liquid glue just behind the cat so it wouldn't show, and my sentiment in front of the cat using foam squares and liquid glue.

I attached the whole panel to some navy blue cardstock using double sided tape, and to finish the card, I put some enamel dots here and there.



VIDEO
Below or here


SUPPLIES

- "Newton dreams of New York" stamp from Newton's Nook
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangle die from Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched circle die from Lawn Fawn
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: candied apple, mustard seed, weathered wood, black soot, antique linen, walnut stain, chipped sapphire, mowed lawn
- Watercolor paper from Canson
- Vellum from Canson
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts
- Painted Hello die from Simon Says Stamp
- Soft Navy cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Black cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Enamel dots from My Mind's Eyes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire