Lawn Fawn - Black Swan Magic Picture Changer Card

jeudi 12 mars 2020

Hello there,

Today I'm sharing with you a Magic Picture Changer card showcasing the beautiful Swan Soiree stamp set. This new set is really gorgeous and those swans definitely called for a Swan Lake themed card!


I started with a 5,5 x 4,25" stitched bristol panel, and I used peacock feathers, blueprint sketch and chipped sapphire oxide inks to create a beautiful and magical night sky. I never leave a background without adding details, so first I splattered water on the paper using a thin brush to create a bunch of fireflies. Next I added drops of chipped sapphire oxide ink, mostly on the edges to keep a nice and bright halo in the middle. And finally I used liquid stardust to create shiny stars.


Next I created the magic picture changer element. I started by cutting two pieces of bristol cardstock: a long panel for the pocket die and a small panel for the moving die.


I marked the windows using a pencil and next I stamped the swans using jet black ink. I masked the swans and then used peacock feathers oxide ink to color around those swans. I colored the images and next I die cut the pocket panel and moving piece.

I added double sided tape to the pocket tabs, front and back. I folded the pocket in half, as well as the tabs, next I removed the backing paper on the inside and attached the tabs. I used my bone folder to press down onto the tabs and also on the flaps to flatten them, this will help the mechanism to work nicely.

Like always I applied a lot of powder on the flaps and along the tabs, next I folded the pocket in half and put the moving piece through the slit, and then I put each flap into a small slit. Feel welcome to watch the video at the end of this article, it's easier to understand with images ^^


Next I pull on the tab to interlock the pocket and moving pieces, I apply more powder on the flaps, remove the backing paper and finally closed the pocket.



Next I used the frame die from the add-on to cut a frame for my pocket out of the oxide ink panel. I apply double sided tape on the four edges of that frame and attached it on the pocket.



To pull the tab, I cut the handle out of blue jay cardstock and stuck it at the very top of the tab. Next I trimmed off the remaining pieces of the oxide ink panel and attached them to a blue jay card base, along with the magic picture changer pocket.


The swans needed water to swim so I cut a stitched rectangle out of mermaid cardstock. And from this rectangle I cut a stitched simple wavy border. I applied a teeny tiny bit of peacock feathers distress ink on the waves, splattered drops of that same ink on the border and stuck it to the panel.



I cut a rectangle out of peacock cardstock, and from this rectangle I cut a grassy border where I white heat embossed my sentiment "Life is magical with you". The words "Life is" and "With you" are from the Swan Soiree stamp set and the word "Magical" is from the Fairy Friends stamp set.

I added a little bit of blueprint sketch distress ink on the grass and then attached it at the bottom of my panel using foam squares.


Next I stamped additional images using jet black ink, I colored them using my alcohol markers, and cut them using the coordinating dies. When the coloring was done I stuck everything using a combination of liquid glue, foam squares and glue dots, and finally and to emphasize the magic I added clear shimmer to the stars.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Fairy friends stamp set (for the word « magical »)

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Oxide inks: peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire - Sakura white gel pen - Neenah solar white cardstock - Strathmore bristol cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire