Lawn Fawn - Magic Iris Pirate Cave Card

mardi 31 mars 2020

Hello there,

I am back with a new Magic Iris card featuring two cute pirates searching for a treasure hidden in a secret cave. I hope you'll like it.



I cut my front panel using the cover plate die from the add-on and I kept the circle in place using washi tape. And I wanted to change from my three previous Magic Iris cards so I turned the panel to create a landscape layout.




I started by covering the whole panel using vintage photo distress ink, and then I added ground espresso distress ink starting from the circle towards the outside edges of it. But it wasn't dark enough to me, so I added a little bit of black soot distress ink, but just on the circle, I didn't go outside the edges.

I protected the circle and next I splattered water on the paper to add some texture to this plain background. I dried the water using a paper towel, and next I added more texture. I smooshed my vintage photo and ground espresso ink pads onto my glass surface, I added water and then I used a thin brush to splatter the whole panel and this way bring more contrast and interest.

And I did the exact same thing on the arrow tab. Same inks, same texture.




To ground my scene, I decided to create dirt borders. So I die cut two wavy borders and started by applying antique linen distress ink on both pieces, next I added vintage photo but just at the top and blended it into the antique linen base. A little bit of texture on those borders: adding ink splatters would have been too much in my opinion so I simply splattered drops of water.

The cave needed a door or something, it just couldn't be a whole coming from nowhere so I cut five strips out of woodgrain cardstock to create planks and colored them using antique linen and vintage photo distress inks.

Next I moved on to the magic iris and I encourage you to watch the video below to see the process ^^




Before assembling everything, I noticed that the iris wasn't dark enough compared to the front panel so I simply added a little bit of black soot to fix it. Next I applied liquid glue at the back of the arrow tab, attached it on the iris tab, and finally trimmed off the little piece of tab that was peeking out.

Next I applied double sided tape on the stabilizers, as well as liquid glue on the rest of the ring, I kept the iris closed and placed the circle behind the front panel. I made sure that everything was aligned: the middle circle and the arrow tab, and I pressed down to adhere everything perfectly.

Next I cut a 5,25 x 4" panel out of Sunflower cardstock, I placed the front panel on top of it and tucked the circle in the middle. I kept the Iris open, applied a whole bunch of foam adhesive at the back of the front panel, and then I stuck it to the sunflower panel.

I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" Stitched rectangle out of peacock cardstock, I glued this panel on a ground espresso card base and then I stuck the sunflower panel on it using double sided tape.




I stamped my sentiment "Happy Birthday" on one of the borders using jet black ink, and next I attached the two borders. The first one using double sided tape and the second one using foam adhesive to bring more dimension to the scene.

And then I finally attached the wood planks all around the iris using glue dots.

I stamped the images using jet black ink, colored them using alcohol markers, cut everything using the coordinating dies, and attached the images using a combination of glue dots, liquid glue and foam adhesive. Finally, I added white nuvo drops in the center of the three flowers.
VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers - Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso, black soot, antique linen - Sakura white gel pen - Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock - Neenah solar white cardstock - Simply white nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire