Lawn Fawn - Super Star Magic Iris Card

vendredi 13 mars 2020

Hey there,

I am back with a new Magic Iris card showcasing the Super Star stamp set. There is a cute little mouse in this new set but I wanted to have more mice on my card so I gathered some other stamp sets to help me to create a sweet mice family. Make sure to check the list of supplies at the end of this article for more details.



So I started by cutting the front panel out of bristol cardstock using the cover plate die from the Magic Iris add-on die set. I temporarily kept the middle circle in place by taping it at the back using washi tape, and to create a nice and dark night sky, I used salty ocean, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks.

Next I added three different types of texture. First, some water drops that I dried using a paper towel. Second, I smooshed the black soot ink pad onto my work surface, mixed it with water and then created drops on the panel using a thin brush. And third, I created a bunch of shiny stars using liquid stardust.




To ground my scene, I cut a grass border using the cover plate die first and then a die from the Simple Grassy Hillsides die set. And because my scene takes place during the night, I used dark green oxide inks to color the grass border: peeled paint and forest moss. And I also added forest moss splatters on the border to create texture.




Next I created the Magic Iris, and I encourage you to watch the video below to see how I built it. It's way easier to understand with images than with words ^^


When the Magic Iris was done, I white heat embossed my sentiment "I thank my lucky star for you" right on the middle circle of the front panel.

Next I cut a rectangle out of Peacock cardstock (slightly larger than the front panel) and I attached the circle on that peacock panel using the front panel as a guide.




I applied double sided tape and liquid glue on the Magic Iris stabilizers, I kept the iris closed, and placed it behind the front panel. I lined up both the circle in the middle and the arrow at the top right hand corner, and I press down to adhere everything.

Next I put a bunch of foam squares at the back of the front panel, I opened the iris and next attached the panel to the peacock rectangle. I stuck the grass border at the bottom of the panel using foam squares again, and then I attached the Magic Iris panel to a black card base.




My images were stamped using jet black ink, and colored using alcohol markers. When the coloring was done, I cut everything using the coordinating dies, and I cut two additional clouds using coordinating dies from the Yay, Kites! stamp set and added a little bit of shadows to them using a grey marker.

Next I assembled some of the images and then attached everything using glue dots and also foam squares for dimension. And finally, I added clear shimmer on the stars.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: salty ocean, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot, peeled paint, forest moss
- Sakura white gel pen
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Silver mirror cardstock from my stash
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir

1 commentaire: