Lawn Fawn - A Magic Picture Changer Garden

mercredi 4 mars 2020

Hello there,

Today I'm back with a new Magic Picture Changer card showcasing the new A Bug Deal stamp set. I used a bunch of stamp and die sets to create this little garden scene so make sure to check the list of supplies below the video at the end of this article for more details.

I first started by creating the sky panel using scattered straw, dried marigold and spiced marmalade distress inks. Like always, I added water drops that I dried using a paper towel. And I created more drops by mixing dried marigold and spiced marmalade distress ink with water.

Next I created the Magic Picture Changer element. So I started by cutting two pieces of strathmore bristol cardstock. A long panel for the pocket element and a small panel for the moving piece. I used a pencil to mark the window spots and next I stamped the images: on the long panel, I stamped the branch and the chrysalis using jet black ink, and on the small panel, I stamped the branch again, the butterfly and also a tiny sentiment "Hey Love Bug".

I masked those tiny images and used the same inks as before to color both panels. I removed the masks and colored the images using my alcohol markers.

When the coloring was done, I taped the dies on the panels, making sure to align the windows with the branches, and I sent everything to my die cutting machine.

Next I applied double sided tape on the thin tabs of the pocket piece, front and back, and I folded the panel in half as well as the tabs. And I also rubbed the flaps using a bone folder, this will help the mechanism to work nicely.

I removed the backing paper from the back of the thin tabs, and folded those tabs to attach them. Next I put the moving piece inside the pocket panel through the slit and I put each flaps into a small slit like so. I applied a lot of powder on the flaps and along the tabs, I lined up the moving between the tabs, removed the backing paper, and folded the main panel to finally close the pocket.

Next I took the frame die from the Magic Picture Changer add-on set and cut a frame out of my sky panel. I applied thin double sided tape on the four edges of the frame and attached it on the pocket, making sure one more time to line up the notch with the tab.

Next I assembled the background. I first attached the remaining strip from the sky panel at the top of the card base and then the Magic Picture Changer pocket right below the strip using double sided tape.

For the bottom of my card, I wanted to create a garden, so I started by cutting a cloud border that I will use as bushes, and also a wavy border that will be a soil border. I used vintage photo and ground espresso distress inks to color the wavy border, and peeled paint and forest moss distress inks to color the cloud border. I also cut a fence out of white woodgrain cardstock and applied a little bit of hickory smoke distress ink on top of it to make it less new and clean.

I attached the cloud/bushes border, next the picket fence and then the wavy/dirt border at the bottom of my panel.

The images were stamped using jet black ink, cut using the coordinating dies and colored using alcohol markers. When it was done, I attached everything using liquid glue, glue dots. And I also stamped my sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the A Bug Deal stamp set on the sign image.

Finally I cut the tab handle out of raspberry cardstock and attached it at the end of the pull tab, and I added white nuvo drops in the center of the flowers and mushrooms.

Below or here

Stamp sets
- Some bunny (watering can)
- Open me (sign)
- Toadally awesome (tree trunk)
- Gleeful gardens (grass sprigs)
- Oh gnome! (mushrooms + flowers)

Die sets
- Little Flowers (flower pot)

- Thin double sided tape

- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: scattered straw, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, peeled paint, forest moss, hickory smoke, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Sakura white gel pen
- White nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire