Hello Bluebird - Stretch Your Supplies To Create A Cute Scene

samedi 7 mars 2020

Hi there,

A few days ago, I shared this card inspired by Canadian landscapes, so today we're going to zoom into this scene and get a close up at the cabin!

(this card was also inspired by a card Keiko made last year)

I started by cutting a frame out white woodgrain cardstock using the Gallery Frame #3. I only kept the middle part that I trimmed to get a 2 x 2 square window, and colored it using vintage photo and ground espresso distress inks.



To create the wood planks, I first applied vintage photo distress ink on a 4-1/4" wide woodgrain panel and cut 2cm strips out of it. I used ground espresso distress ink again to darken the edges of the planks, and attached them on a kraft card base to create a wall.


Next I cut a grass border out of white smooth cardstock using a die from the Grassy Knoll die set, colored it using peeled paint and forest moss distress inks, and created texture on that border by splattering drops of forest moss distress ink. I also used a scallop die from the Basic Borders die set to cut the roof out of brown cardstock, used ground espresso distress ink to darken the edges, and then splattered drops of that same ink on the border to create texture. And I did that on the wood planks and window as well to get a consistent look on the entire card.

I attached those two borders using foam squares and double sided tape, and next I moved on to the coloring part. Everything was stamped using alcohol marker friendly ink, cut using the coordinating dies, and colored using Spectrum Noir markers. I used quite a lot of stamp sets on this card so make sure to check the list of supplies at the end of this article if you need more details.


When the coloring was done, I cut pointy shapes using the Vertical Banner die set to create curtains. Next I cut a piece of wood pattern paper from my stash and applied vintage photo distress ink to darken it a little bit. And then I assembled the window: I attached the curtains at the back of the window frame, adhered the images at the bottom of the wood pattern paper using glue dots, I stuck the window frame on top using foam squares to bring dimension, and finally I attached the entire window element in the middle of my wood plank panel using liquid glue.

Next I stuck some of the remaining images on the grass border, and then created my sentiment. I white heat embossed the word "Hello!" from the Silly Birds stamp set and cut it using a bubble speech die from the Photo Stack die set. I applied a tiny little bit of vintage photo distress ink on the edges and attached it above the cat using foam squares.

And finally, I stuck the last images and added white nuvo drops in the center of the flowers. And that's it! I hope that you like this sweet little scene. It already feels like Spring, right? I leave you with the video (click on the image below) and I wish you a very nice day!

VIDEO
Below or here


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
Tabitha stamp set (cat + books)
Silly Birds stamp set (beige sprigs)
Fairy Garden stamp set (set of three pink flowers)
Garden Friends stamp set (yellow flower)
Autumn Gatherings stamp set (pie + jam + apple)
Hippos on Holiday stamp set (dirt bucket)
Maverick stamp set (bird)
Oh Nuts! stamp set (oak branch)
Portrait Pals stamp set (ferns)
Spring Gatherings stamp set (butterflies + small flowers)
- Gallery Frame #3 die set - Grassy Knoll die set - Basic Borders die set - Vertical Banner die set - Photo Stack die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso, peeled paint, forest moss
- Woodgrain cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Chocolate bar cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Blue pattern paper from the Knit Picky Fall 6x6 paper pack by Lawn Fawn
- 80lb Neenah Solar White cardstock
- Sakura white gel pen
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire