Lawn Fawn - Easter Bunnies Magic Picture Changer Card

dimanche 15 mars 2020

Hello there,

Today I'm sharing with you a cute and colorful Magic Picture Changer Card showcasing the Easter Before 'n Afters stamp set. I also used the bunny from the Say What? Spring Critters stamp set, as well as a few other sets so make sure to check the list of supplies at the end of this article for more information.



When I make a magic picture changer card, I like to start with the background. So I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" stitched rectangle out of bristol cardstock and used tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks to create a beautiful spring sky.

Next I created the magic picture changer element. I cut two pieces of bristol cardstock: a long one for the pocket die and a short one for the moving piece die.

I used a pencil to mark the windows and next I stamped the images using jet black ink. I cut masks for those images using the coordinating dies, and then colored around the masks using tumbled glass distress ink again.



I removed the masks and then colored both images using my alcohol markers. When the coloring was done, I added white highlights on the images, taped the dies and cut the pocket panel and moving piece.

I folded the pocket tabs and used my bone folder to flatten them really well. Next I applied double sided to those tabs, front and back, removed the backing paper from the back of the panel, and folded the tabs. I folded the pocket panel in half, put the moving piece inside the pocket panel through the slit, and next put each flap into a small slit. I pulled on the tab to interlock the pocket and the moving pieces, next I added powder on the flaps and along the tabs as well, I removed the backing paper and finally closed the pocket.

To frame the pocket, I used the frame die from the add-on to cut a frame out of the distress ink panel I made at the beginning. I applied double sided on the four edges of the frame, removed the backing  paper and stuck it to the pocket.



Next I cut a white card base and trimmed off the remaining pieces of the distress ink panel to create two large strips that I stuck on the card base, along with the pocket element.

To ground my scene I cut two grassy hillsides that I colored using shabby shutters and mowed Lawn distress inks. Next I created my sentiment in two parts: I white heat embossed a speech bubble saying "Happy Easter" on vellum, and also stamped "To some bunny special" on the smaller grass border.



Next I applied double sided tape below the bunny as well as foam squares and attached the larger grass border. I stuck the second border using foam squares again, and stick the vellum speech bubble using clear dimensional squares.

I stamped and colored additional images that I stuck using a combination of glue dots, liquid glue and foam squares for dimension. One of the last steps was to add a handle to the pull tab. I cut it out of sticky note cardstock and attached it at the top of the tab. And I cut the handle a second time out of guava cardstock but kept the arrow only.



I wanted to keep the butterflies white but only white was a little bit boring so finally I added white blizzard nuvo drops to their wings to make them shine.


VIDEO

Below or here



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES



OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers

- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, shabby shutters, mowed lawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

1 commentaire: