Sunny Studio - Tropical Trees Nativity Scene

jeudi 16 juin 2022

Hello there,

I am back with a Christmas card! In June! It might be a bit early, but when I saw those palm trees from the Tropical trees die set by Sunny Studio, it clicked in my head and I immediately pictured a nativity scene, with black silhouettes, during a bright starry night.

I started off by cutting an 8,5 x 3,5 inches bristol panel, and I first created sand dunes using a slimline hill stencil along with tumbled glass and blueprint sketch oxide inks. And for the sky, I went with prize ribbon, chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks. I kept the sand dunes without any texture, but I wanted the night sky to be full of stars, so I added lots of details on that part of the card: water splatters, white ink and liquid sparkles.


Next I cut the different elements out of black cardstock to create silhouettes. I cut four palm trees and two borders using the Tropical trees die set, and used coordinating dies from Holy night to create the nativity scene. And I attached all those pieces using foam squares: the borders at the bottom, the nativity scene in the middle and two palm trees on each side.


I embossed my "O holy night" sentiment from Holy night in silver on a small black Stitched circle that I attached in the middle of the card, and I finished my card by adding more stars in the sky using a white gel pen.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Tropical trees die set
- Holy night stamp set
- Stitched circle large die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, blueprint sketch, prize ribbon, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Slimline hill stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire