Pretty Pink Posh - Hocus Pocus Halloween Shaker Mug

dimanche 27 août 2023

Hey there,

Let's get spooky with this new Halloween shaker card showcasing, once again, several items from the latest Pretty Pink Posh release, including the Halloween Mug Additions, as well as the Layered Argyle Stencils set which is one of my favorite products from August release.


I started off by cutting different panels: a 5,5 x 4,25 inches black panel, a slightly smaller Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and an even smaller vellum panel. I set the black panel and vellum panel aside, and worked on the Strathmore panel using the Layered Argyle Stencils along with oxide inks: black soot, spiced marmalade and wilted violet. As always I added texture to my panel: I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water and used a small brush to add splatters to my panel, and did the same thing with copic opaque white ink. Once it was dry, I attached my colorful panel on the black one using double sided tape.

Next I cut a bunch of Halloween Mug elements out of different colored cardstock, as well as two ghosts from Halloween House. I attached a tiny piece of black cardstock at the back of each ghost to make their eyes, and then used oxide inks to add more depth and details to the colored elements.


Next I worked on the shaker mug, and cut several mug elements using Winter Mug: a plain polka dot green mug, a plain acetate mug, and a light grey mug frame using a die from Birthday Mug Additions. I added a little bit of hickory smoke oxide ink on the light grey mug edges, attached the acetate mug at its back, as well as thin foam strips following the mug shape. I also added mowed lawn oxide ink on the polka dot green mug edges, poured some Spooky Glass Beads inside the mug frame, and then attached the green mug on the foam to close the mug.


I attached all the pieces on my vellum panel using liquid glue for the mug, and 2mm foam squares for the other pieces. And then I created my greeting: I white heat embossed "Hocus pocus" from Sentiment Strips Halloween on purple cardstock, cut it into a small banner using a die from Sentiment Strips, and attached that purple strip on a larger scalloped black strip that I stuck above my shaker Halloween Mug.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Layered argyle stencils
- Halloween mug additions die set
- Winter mug die set
- Birthday mug additions die set
- Halloween house die set
- Sentiment strips Halloween stamp set
- Sentiment strips die set
- Spooky glass beads


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: black soot, spiced marmalade, wilted violet, mowed lawn, ripe persimmon, hickory smoke, vintage photo
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Colored cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire