Sunny Studio - Color My World 3D Card

jeudi 10 août 2023

Hey there,

I'm thrilled to be back on Sunny Studio's blog today with this super colorful 3D card featuring crayons that I created using stamps from Color My World. Even before figuring out which design I wanted to make for my card, I knew that I wanted to have my crayons in rainbow order.


So I pulled out all my Lawn Fawn premium dye inks, and stamped a bunch of crayons. I used the first three layers to build the colorful parts of the crayons, and then added the black details. Here are the inks I used for each crayon:

- Red: peachy keen + wild rose + guava
- Orange: peach fuzz + carrot + fate tan
- Yellow: butter + lemonade + sunflower
- Green: celery stick + freshly cut grass + jalapeno
- Aqua: kiddie pool + mermaid + peacock
- Blue: moonstone + forget me not + blue jay
- Purple: fresh lavender + grape soda + grape jelly
- Pink: ballet slippers + bubblegum + plastic flamingo
- Black details: black licorice


I cut all the crayons using the coordinating die, and then moved on to the 3D card base. I decided to use the same color combo as the real Crayola boxes, meaning that I cut all the card base pieces out of dark yellow cardstock, and the decorative pieces out of a green gingham paper from the Joyful Holiday paper pack. I built the whole card base, and then white heat embossed my "You color my world" greeting from Color My World on the front of the card.


Next step was to stick all the crayons inside the card. And to make that part quick and easy, I cut three acetate strips as wide as the card, and attached nine crayons on each strip in a rainbow order using liquid glue. And once I had my three rows of crayons attached on the acetate strips, I stuck each acetate strip inside the card using glue dots. And that's it! I hope that you like this bright and colorful 3D rainbow crayons card! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week!


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Color my world stamp set
- Joyful holiday paper pack


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Outside the box die set by My Favorite Things
- Outside the box level up die set by My Favorite Things
- Lawn Fawn premium dye inks (listed above)
- Sunflower cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire