Pretty Pink Posh - Monochromatic Ghost Shaker Card

samedi 12 août 2023

Hi there,

I'm so excited to be back with this new monochromatic card showcasing some of the brand new items from the latest Pretty Pink Posh release, including the amazing Ghost Shaker die set. And as you can see, I went for a black + white + silver color palette to achieve a monochromatic look!


I started off by cutting a 5,5 x 4,25 inches black & white stripy panel as a card base. Next I cut a Strathmore bristol smooth panel, slightly smaller than the stripy one, and I used oxide inks to color that panel. I first applied lost shadow all over the panel, next I added hickory smoke and black soot on the edges, and then I added diamond shapes using the Layered Argyle stencil along with black soot oxide ink.

Of course, I added texture to my panel: I mixed black soot oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters on the paper, and I did the same with copic opaque white ink. And once my panel was dry, I attached it to the black & white stripy panel using double sided tape.

Next I worked on the Ghost Shaker, and started by cutting the different pieces: a grey polka dot plain ghost, a vellum plain ghost, a clear acetate plain ghost, and a white ghost frame. I wanted to tone down the grey polka dot ghost so I stuck the vellum ghost on top of it. I attached the acetate ghost at the back of the ghost frame, and added thin foam tape all along the ghost shape. A little bit of Ghostly Friends mix and Sparkling clear sequins inside the ghost frame, and then I stuck the grey polka dot ghost on the foam tape to close my Ghost Shaker.


I wanted to bring more white to my card, so I cut three small white ghosts, as well as three vellum ghosts, using a die from Halloween House, and I attached a vellum ghost at the back of each white ghost to bring more interest. And I added a tiny piece of black cardstock at their back to make their eyes. I also cut a bunch of silver glitter stars using a die from Halloween House and another one from Halloween Mug Additions.

Next I worked on my greetings. I silver hot foiled the Hot Foil Boo Script on black cardstock, and used the Large Boo Shadow coordinating die to cut it. And I silver heat embossed the phrase "Let's spook up some fun" from Sentiment Strips Halloween Strips on black cardstock, and cut it using a die from Sentiment Strips. And finally I attached everything on my Layered Argyle black & white panel using liquid glue for the Ghost Shaker, and 2mm foam squares for all the other pieces.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Ghost shaker die set
- Layered argyle stencils
- Hot foil boo script
- Large boo script die
- Sentiment strips Halloween stamp set
- Sentiment strips die set
- Halloween mug additions
- Halloween house die set
- Ghostly friends mix
- 3mm sparkling clear sequins


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: lost shadow, hickory smoke, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Black cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- White cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Pattern papers by Lawn Fawn
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn
- Silver glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire