Pretty Pink Posh - Spooky Stitched Pumpkins

mardi 29 août 2023

Hey there,

I'm happy to share with you this new Halloween card I made using the Stitched Pumpkins die set + Mummy Wrap stencil by Pretty Pink Posh. Not so long ago, I wasn't comfortable using only dies on my projects, but lately I've been enjoying creating that kind of card! They're so easy and fun to make!


I started off with the background, and cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. And I still hadn't used the new Mummy Wrap stencil, so I decided to give it a try but went for a wood plank look instead of a mummy look. So I first covered my bristol panel with antique linen and vintage photo oxide inks, I applied and blended those two inks randomly on my panel. Next I taped the stencil on my panel and applied vintage photo oxide ink all over it. And I added a little bit of ground espresso oxide ink to darken some areas, especially the four edges of my panel, as well as the edges of each stripe.


Once I was happy with the result, I added texture to my panel. I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters on the panel. And I did the same with copic opaque white ink.


Next I cut all the different pieces: the pumpkins, leaves and ivy from Stitched Pumpkins, the berry branches from Winter Foliage, the spider from Halloween Mug Additions. Cut everything from different colored cardstock, and used oxide inks to bring shadows and make the pieces more interesting.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Stitched pumpkins die set
- Winter foliage die set
- Spooky wishes shadow die set
- Halloween mug additions
- Mummy wrap stencil


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: antique linen, vintage photo, ground espresso, ripe persimmon, forest moss
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Colored cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Orange glitter cardstock from my stash
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire