Pretty Pink Posh - Butterfly Hugs & Kisses

samedi 23 mars 2024

Hello there,

I'm very happy to be back with this new card showcasing some items from the Pretty Pink Posh March 2024 Release. This card features stamped and die cut elements, a stenciled background, and as very often I went for a bright and colorful palette.


I first created my Layered Butterfly Floral background on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel with a soft ink blended base using, from the top to the bottom: shaded lilac, salvaged patina and shabby shutters oxide inks. Next I used the first three stencils, and one after the other, applied wilted violet, peacock feathers and mowed lawn oxide inks for a tone on tone look.

Next I added texture to my panel. I splattered water all over it that I dried using a paper towel. I also mixed white ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters on the panel, and then did the same with black soot oxide ink.


Next I stamped three Decorative Butterflies on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using dye inks. For the purple butterfly, I used fresh lavender for the base and grape jelly for the details (both inks by Lawn Fawn) For the aqua butterfly I used mermaid for the base and peacock for the details (both inks by Lawn Fawn) And the for the green butterfly I used frayed leaf for the base and forest glades for the details (both inks by Altenew) I used jet black ink by Lawn Fawn to stamp the bodies, cut the pieces using the matching dies and set them aside.


I cut four different Stitched Butterflies out of colored cardstock that match the background, and to make those butterflies stand out even more on the panel, I cut them again out of silver glitter cardstock. I cut the bodies out of black cardstock, as well as some tiny butterflies using a Butterfly Cover Plate die.

I assembled the stamped butterflies and the die cut ones, and attached everything on my panel using 1mm and 2mm foam squares. I silver heat embossed my "Hugs & kisses" greeting from Sentiment Strips: Valentine on white cardstock, trimmed it into a slim banner using a Sentiment Strips die, and then attached it on my panel using foam squares again. And I felt like those butterflies needed something else, so I glued matching pearls on their wings.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Stitched butterflies die set
- Butterfly cover plate die set
- Decorative butterflies stamp set
- Sentiment strips: Valentine stamp set
- Layered butterfly floral stencils
- Lilac pearls
- Sea foam pearls
- Pistachio pearls
- Metallic silver pearls


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: shaded lilac, wilted violet, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, black soot
- Lawn Fawn premium dye inks: fresh lavender, grape jelly, mermaid, peacock
- Altenew crisp dye inks: frayed leaf, forest glades
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- White blizzard nuvo drops
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (butterflies)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire