Lawn Fawn - There's snow place like home - No-line coloring

mercredi 9 janvier 2019

Hello there,

I'm glad to share with you this winter card showcasing some masking and no-line coloring using alcohol markers. Ever since I got the Sweet Christmas stamp set, I have been wanting to use the gingerbread house as a regular house. Now it's a done deal with this cute cabin ^^

For this new project I was inspired by this picture:


I first started by cutting two pieces from masking paper: a hill border, and a mountain border. I attached the masking hill border at the bottom of my bristol cardstock panel, stamped the house and trees using barely beige ink from Simon says stamp, and masked them.


Next I attached the masking mountain border, i also added three masking clouds and then I colored the sky using tumbled glass oxide ink.

I removed the mask of the mountain, attached the mask of the sky and used tumbled glass and peacock feathers oxide inks to color the mountains.  Then i removed all the masking pieces except for the hill border.


I used a light grey zig marker to trace lines on the house to create planks and then colored it using my alcohol markers. I also added more shadows and details using colored pencils to define the planks and windows better.

I die cut three mountain tops and a hill border from white glitter paper and attached them to my panel. And to add even more sparkles to the scene, i stamped the roof of the house at the back of the same white glitter paper, fussy cut it and glued it on the house.


For my sentiment, I stamped the first and last parts, and created small strips. The middle part was made using the word snow of a let it snow sentiment.

Once the sentiment was complete i attached my panel to a white card base and finally I added a bunch of white Nuvo drops to create falling snow.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Sweet Christmas stamp set
- Snow day stamp set
- Stitched mountain border die set
- Simple stitched hillside border die set
- Pivot pop-up die set (for the clouds)
- Big winter scripty words stamp set + coordinating dies
- Snow cool stamp set (for the sentiment)

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, peacock feathers
- Colored pencils
- Simply white Nuvo drops
- White gel pen by UniBall
- Barely beige ink by Simon Says Stamp
- White glitter cardstock from my stash
- Masking paper from Simon Says Stamp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire