Spooky Card Series w/ Lawn Fawn - Shaker Center Picture Window Card

mardi 21 septembre 2021

 Hello there,

Today we're getting spooky with Lawn Fawn and three cheeky kitties who meet by the magic cauldron to experiment with new spells. Those kitties and all the magic accessories are from the new Purrfectly Wicked and Purrfectly Wicked add-on, and I used a few other images from different sets that are listed at the end right below the video.

I started by cutting a center picture window panel out of bristol cardstock, and I created a spooky wall on one half of the panel using a brick stencil along with cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and wilted violet distress oxide inks. I added more details to this brick wall by splattering water droplets on top of it, and brought more contrast by adding splatters of black soot and wilted violet oxide inks mixed with water.

Next I created floor. I used the Simple Stripes Landscape Backdrop die to cut some stripes out of a woodgrain grey cardstock. I added black soot oxide ink on the long edges of each stripe, and added black soot + water splatters on each one of those elements, and then I stuck them on the second half of the panel.


Next I moved on to the front of my card, and created a second spooky wall using the same oxide inks and stencil as before. I used the oval die from the Center Picture Window die set to create an opening in this second brick panel.

I flipped the main panel upside down, and placed the second brick panel on the bottom section, I made sure that it was lined up with the main panel at the back, I applied liquid glue in the center, and then attached the oval brick shape on the blank spot in the center.

I stuck the window panel on a piece of acetate, and attached sticky foam strips at the back of this window panel, all around the oval window, I added more foam tape at the corners as well and then I applied powder all along those foam strips. And I cleaned the window using a microfiber cloth to remove the excess of powder.

On the the main panel, I placed some sequins right on the oval shape, and next I attached the window panel on top of the sequins to complete my small shaker panel. And at the bottom of this shaker panel, I attached the remaining wood plank.


Next I stamped all my images using Jet Black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. And once it was done, I attached some of the images on the front of my card.

I also attached some of the images inside the card, right on the spooky wall, using liquid glue, and then I created the interactive pop-up mechanism. And I invite you to watch the video below to see exactly how it was made. And once the whole mechanism was done, I stuck the last remaining images.


Both parts of my sentiment were white heat embossed: on the front the first one that says 'Trick or treat' on raspberry cardstock, and on the inside the second one that says 'No tricks, just treats' on peacock cardstock. And as always I finished my card with some white highlights and details using a gel pen on the images and spooky brick walls.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Purrfectly wicked + add-on
- Booyah
- Christmas dreams
- Happy harvest

Die sets
- Center picture window
- Simple stripes landscape backdrop

Misc
- Brick stencil
- Jet black ink
- Neutral woodgrain cardstock
- Raspberry cardstock
- Peacock cardstock
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, wilted violet, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Acetate from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire