Sunny Studio - Pumpkin Patch Pop-Up Card

jeudi 30 septembre 2021

 Hey there,

I'm so happy to back on Sunny Studio's blog today with this lovely pop-up autumn scene at the pumpkin patch. You know that my favorite thing to do is to create cute scenes with lots of details, so as always I picked my images from different sets to help me build the idea I had in mind. You will find the list of supplies down below.

So I stamped all the images using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everything using my alcohol markers.


Once the coloring was done, I cut a panel using the center picture window die set by Lawn Fawn and created an autumn sky using dried marigold, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry and seedless preserves oxide inks. I blended those inks on the top section of the panel, and then added lots of texture to that background to bring more interest to it.

Next I created an identical panel that will go on the front of the card, and cut a window out of it using an oval shape die. I folded the main panel in half, flipped it upside down, lined up the window panel with the bottom section of the main panel, applied glue right on the blank section in the middle, and then attached the oval shape right on that blank spot. And next I stuck foam squares at the back of the window panel that I attached on the bottom section of the main panel to frame the oval shape.


I colored the inside bottom section of the panel using frayed burlap oxide ink, and cut two small grass borders, using a die from Picket fence, that I colored using the same ink. I stuck one of these on the outside of the card and the other one on the inside of the card. And next I attached a few images on the front of the card using liquid glue and foam squares.

Next I moved on to the inside of the card and before creating the pop-up mechanism, I attached all the images I wanted to see in the background.


For the pop-up mechanism, it's always easier to understand with images so I invite you to watch the video below to see how it was made. Basically I created two rows of pop-up sections: on the middle section I attached the wooden cart full of pumpkins and sunflowers with a kid on top, and one the front section I stuck a line of pumpkins and sunflowers with a kid on the left side and a crow on the right.


At the end I created my sentiment in three parts using Words of gratitude: the first part says 'Thank you' and goes on the front of the card, and the second and third parts go on the inside and say 'for always being there' and '& always being you'. And finally I added lots of highlights and details on the images and autumn sky using a white gel pen.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Words of gratitude stamp set
- Fall kiddos stamp set
- Happy harvest stamp set
- Fall friends stamp set
- Harvest mice stamp set
- Farm fresh stamp set
- Picket fence die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: dried marigold, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, seedless preserves, frayed burlap
- Center picture window die set by Lawn Fawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Paper bag cardstock by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire