Sunny Studio - Autumn Garland & Buffalo Plaid Background

jeudi 26 septembre 2024

Hello there,

I'm thrilled to be back on the Sunny Studio blog with this bright and bold card showcasing the gorgeous Autumn Garland. I really wanted to feature two garlands on the same panel, but wasn't sure if they would fit, so I was happy that they did! I only had to trim a little bit of each element, and was able to keep both garlands on my panel. And once again, I chose to use kraft cardstock for the background panel, and for the garlands as well. I like to stencil and color on kraft cardstock all year round, but, to me, doing this during the fall season really emphasizes the autumn vibe of a card.


So, I started off by stamping two Autumn Garlands on kraft cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I cut them using the matching die, and colored them both using my alcohol markers. And I used my all time favorite autumn color palette, which is red, orange, yellow, khaki green, aqua and brown.


Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches kraft panel, and added texture to this panel using the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal die. And I colored it using the Diagonal Stripes stencil along with oxide inks in the same color palette as the Autumn Garlands: lumberjack plaid, rusty hinge, fossilized amber, peeled paint and peacock feathers. I mixed some vintage photo oxide ink and some ground espresso oxide ink with water, added splatters to the panel using a small brush, and then did the same with copic opaque white and with fossilized amber distress spritz for some nice shimmery splatters.


I added the same splatters to my garlands, and once they were dry, I attached them both on my panel using 1mm foam squares and trimmed the excess on the edges. I white heat embossed "Autumn greetings" from Autumn Garland on brown cardstock, cut "Autumn" using the matching die, trimmed "Greetings" into a slim banner, and attached both pieces between the garlands using 2mm foam squares. And finally I glued a few golden pearls here and there for an extra shiny touch.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Autumn garland stamp set
- Buffalo plaid diagonal die
- Diagonal stripes stencil


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Ohuhu markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: lumberjack plaid, rusty hinge, fossilized amber, peeled paint, peacock feathers, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Fossilized amber distress spritz
- Detail black ink by Pinkfresh Studio (images)
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Copic opaque white ink
- Brown cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Kraft cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Golden pearls by Pretty Pink Posh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire