Pretty Pink Posh - Fall Mix & Match Cupcake

samedi 7 septembre 2024

Hello there,

I'm happy to be back with this Pretty Pink Posh autumn cupcake I've created as a companion to the Spooky Halloween Cupcake I shared with you a couple of weeks ago. When possible, I like to take ideas from other cards, and just by changing the color palette and/or theme, create a completely different card. And once again, my card features a good mix & match of different sets because I like to stretch my supplies and use them regardless of their original purpose.


For today's card, I started off by cutting a large Eyelet Rectangle out of kraft cardstock, and I knew that I would put a sunflower on my cupcake, so I went for a sunflower pattern on my background. And when I stencil on kraft cardstock, I like to create a white base first in order to make the colors stand out, so I used the Layered Sunflower stencil A and B along with white pigment ink to make the white base of my sunflowers.


Next I used the stencil A along with mustard seed oxide ink to make the first part of the petals, and then the stencil B along with fossilized amber oxide ink to make the second part. To make the leaves, I used the stencil C and mowed lawn oxide ink, and to make the center of my sunflowers, I used the stencil D and vintage photo oxide ink. I mixed some vintage oxide ink with water, and used a small brush to make splatters all over my panel, and did the same with copic opaque white ink.


I cut all the bits and pieces out of pattern paper and colored cardstock, and added more depth to each element using oxide inks. Here is a detailed list of the die sets I used: • Big Halloween Cupcake - wrap, cream, cake, pumpkins • Spooky Mug Additions - pumpkins • Fall Mug Additions - sunflower, acorn, leaves • Fall Cornucopia - mushrooms, sunflower, corn • Big Easter Cupcake - sign.


I white heat embossed "Autumn greetings" from Fall Jar on the sign. I also white heat embossed "Grateful for your kindness" from Sentiments Strips: Fall on brown cardstock, and trimmed it into a slim banner using a Sentiment Strips die. Next I assembled and attached everything on my Layered Sunflower background using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, liquid glue and 3mm glue dots. As always, I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the elements using a white gel pen.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Big halloween cupcake die set
- Spooky mug additions die set
- Fall mug additions die set
- Fall cornucopia die set
- Big Easter cupcake die set
- Sentiment strips die set
- Sentiment strips: fall stamp set
- Fall jar stamp set
- Layered sunflowers stencils


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: mustard seed, fossilized amber, mowed lawn, vintage photo
- Yeti pigment ink by Lawn Fawn
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Kraft cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Colored cardstock by Lawn Fawn + The Stamp Market

1 commentaire: