Sunny Studio - Happy Howl-O-Ween Colorful Scene

jeudi 5 septembre 2024

Hello there,

I'm so happy to be back on the Sunny Studio blog with this spooky cute and colorful card showcasing the super adorable pups from Happy Howl-o-ween. They're so fun, I adore them, and I hope to be able to feature them on more cards in the coming weeks.


I went for quite a simple background for this card, and started off by cutting a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel that I divided in two parts: the sky in the upper part, and grass in the lower part. For the sky, I applied, from top to bottom, salty ocean and prize ribbon oxide inks. I splattered water droplets that I dried using a paper towel. I mixed a drop of liquid stardust with a couple of water droplets, added more splatters to the sky, and next I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water to make even more splatters. For the grass, I started off by applying mowed lawn oxide ink on the whole section, and next blended some rustic wilderness oxide ink at the bottom and on the sides. I mixed some rustic wilderness oxide ink with water and added splatters on my green section. And then I mixed some copic opaque white ink with water, and added splatters all over the panel.


I stamped my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers, my Graph'it brush markers, and my Ohuhu markers. And for some extra fun, I picked a purple, aqua, green, yellow and orange color palette for the houses and lights.

Here is a detailed list of the stamp sets I used:  Happy Howl-o-ween - dogs  Scenic Route - houses, lights  Fall Scenes - bats, small pumpkins, trees  Too Cute To Spook - spiders, tiny Jack 'O Lantern face.


Once the coloring was done, I white heat embossed my "Wishing you a grrreat Halloween" greeting from Happy Howl-o-ween at the bottom of my panel, and then attached all my images using 1mm and 2mm foam squares. I added a drop of white blizzard nuvo drops on each light to make them all shine, and finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Happy howl-o-ween stamp set
- Scenic route stamp set
- Fall scenes stamp set
- Too cute to spook stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Ohuhu markers
- Oxide inks: salty ocean, prize ribbon, black soot, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness
- Copic opaque white ink
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- White blizzard nuvo drops
- Detail black ink by Pinkfresh Studio
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire