Pretty Pink Posh - Fall Cornucopia

samedi 30 septembre 2023

Hey there,

Let's wrap September up with this bright and beautiful autumn card featuring the Fall Cornucopia die set by Pretty Pink Posh. I've said it recently, I used to be uncomfortable with "only die cutting" cards, but I've been liking to create this type of cards recently, and I actually really love cutting, coloring (or not) and arranging all those big and smaller pieces on my cards.


To make today's card, I started off by creating the background using one of my all-time favorite techniques, which is stenciling a kraft panel with white pigment first, and then adding colors using oxide inks. So this is what I did here, I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches kraft panel, and used the Layered Woodland stencils along with white pigment ink.

I covered the whole panel with white woodland elements, cleaned my stencils, put them back onto my panel, shifting them a little bit towards the bottom right hand corner, and then applied the following oxide inks: fossilized amber, candied apple, vintage photo, ground espresso, spiced marmalade, pumice stone, frayed burlap.


I die cut several Fall Cornucopia elements out of different colored cardstock, and added a little bit of shadows on each piece using oxide inks and sponge daubers to make them more interesting and give them more character.

Next I worked on my two-part sentiment: I gold foiled the Thankful Script Hot Foil greeting on dark brown cardstock, and cut it using the Thankful Shadow die. And I white heat embossed the "Happy Fall" greeting from Sentiment Strips: Fall which I cut into a slim Sentiment Strips banner.

I cut a vellum panel slightly smaller than my Layered Woodland kraft panel, attached all my elements (die-cuts + greetings) on top of it using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and then I stuck my vellum panel to the kraft panel using liquid glue, but only behind the greetings and images. And as always I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the die-cut elements using a white gel pen.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Fall cornucopia die set
- Layered woodland stencils
- Thankful script hot foil
- Thankful shadow die
- Sentiment strips: fall
- Sentiment strips die


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: fossilized amber, candied apple, vintage photo, ground espresso, spiced marmalade, pumice stone, frayed burlap
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Gold foil by Spellbinders
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Kraft cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire