Pretty Pink Posh Halloween Week - Monochromatic Mix & Match

lundi 25 septembre 2023


Hi there,

I'm kicking off Halloween Week at Pretty Pink Posh blog with this monochromatic mix & match featuring a bunch of images from different sets (listed down below) Monochromatic cards are super fun and easy to make, so I hope that my spooky little scene will inspire you to create your own, and it doesn't have to be black & white, of course, purple shades or green shades would look amazing on a Halloween card!

And there is a 15% discount on all Halloween section until Oct 1st.


I started off by stamping my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it brush markers.

And each time I make a monochromatic card, my thinking process is the same: I picture the images in my head with colors, and where I would have used a light color (e.g. yellow or aqua) I'm using light shades of grey, where I would have used a medium color (e.g. pink or green) I'm using medium shades of grey, and where I would have used a dark color (e.g. black or purple) I'm using dark shades of grey. It's that simple ^^

Here are the stamp sets I used to make my card:
 Autumn Pumpkins: big pumpkins, small leaf
 Ghost Friends: ghosts, hat, bucket
 Fall Jar: big leaf
 Boo To You: bats, spider web, small pumpkin, spider
 Halloween Signs: cauldron


Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and created a spooky night sky. I first masked a circle in the middle of my piece of paper, and colored the rest of the panel using hickory smoke and black soot distress inks. I mixed some black soot distress ink with water and used a small brush to add splatters on the paper, and I did the same with white ink. I removed the circle mask, let the paper dry, masked the whole panel but the circle, and then added a little bit of hickory smoke distress ink all along the rounded edges of that circle.

To add more spookiness to my night sky, I used the Spooky Sky stencils. I first added some clouds using black soot distress and a very light hand, I didn't want them to be bold black. And I added a few bats using black soot distress ink again, but this time I used a heavier hand because I wanted those bats to really pop against my night cloudy sky.

I heat embossed my "Boo To You" greeting from Ghost Friends in the middle of the moon using clear embossing ink and silver embossing powder, I attached all my images using foam squares, and as always I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Autumn pumpkins stamp set
- Ghost friends stamp set
- Fall jar stamp set
- Boo to you stamp set
- Halloween signs stamp set
- Halloween wreath stamp set
- Spooky sky stencils


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: hickory smoke, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Starthmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire