Under The Sea Card Series - Twin Mermaids - Mirror Stamping

jeudi 26 octobre 2017

Hey there,

It's been a little while since my last Under The Sea card, so when I got assigned to the Mirror Stamping week on Craftin Desert Divas blog, I thought it would be nice to go back to that series using the beautiful "Mermaid Lagoon" stamp set.


I first started by making the background. I cut a rectangle from a dark blue pattern paper that I glued to a white card base. I also cut a scalloped rectangle from a blue strip pattern paper, and die cut a circle in the middle of it to create the window for my shaker.

I stamped my sentiment on a piece of clear acetate using versamark ink, and applied some white shimmery powder on top of it. Just wiped the excess off so the powder only stick to the ink. Attached my window panel on that acetate piece, and foam strips at the back of it.


Now to the images. I stamped the mermaid, starfish and seahorse on white cardstock using my Misti tool and alcohol marker friendly black ink. Then I replaced the white cardstock by a piece of clear acetate, ans stamped the images on it. Removed that acetate piece from the Misti tool, turn it over and applied it on the white cardstock to get my mirror images. The result was not perfect so I just went back over the lines using a black thin pen. Then I colored everything using my alcohol markers, and fussy cut them.


Back to the background. I put some sequins on the dark blue rectangle and then attached the window panel to close the shaker. Also attached my images on each side of the window using foam squares, and applied clear glitter on the mermaids hair to finish the card.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES




OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Pattern papers from BoBunny and my stash
- Acetate from my stash
- Versamark ink from Tsukineko
- Perfect Pearls powder from Ranger

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire