Pretty Pink Posh - Birthday Cupcakes Duo

samedi 24 février 2024

Hello there,

I'm super happy to be back with this set of birthday cards showcasing the ever so cute Pretty Pink Posh Birthday Cupcakes from their 10th Birthday Release. I absolutely adore this new stamp set and decided to make two cards to be able to feature the six cupcakes from that set.


As very often, I started off by stamping the images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and my Graph'it brush markers. When it comes to birthday cards, I like to make them extra festive using rainbow colors, and those cupcakes are just perfect to achieve that because there are several sections that just scream for rainbows, such as the candles, the polka dots or the stripes on the cupcakes cases.


Once the coloring was done, I moved on the backgrounds, and cut two 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panels. I covered one of them with salvaged patina oxide ink, and the other with spun sugar oxide ink, and then I created a fun background on each panel using the Layered Birthday Wreath stencils along with oxide inks: picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, peacock feathers, wilted violet and hickory smoke.


When I was done with all the inking, I mixed some copic opaque white ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters on both panels, and then did the same with black soot oxide ink for more contrast. And once everything was dry, I attached each panel to a white card base using liquid glue.


Next I worked on my greetings from Sentiment Strips: Birthday. I white heat embossed "Sending you birthday cheer" on pink cardstock, and "Have a very happy birthday" on turquoise cardstock. I trimmed them both into slim banners using a Sentiment Strips die, and attached each banner on a larger gold glitter banner using liquid glue.


Next I cut two Stitched Torn Rectangles out of vellum using the second largest die from that set, and attached three cupcakes on each panel, as well as a greeting right below those cupcakes, using 1mm foam squares. I added liquid glue at the back of each vellum panel, but only behind the images, and attached each panel on a Layered Birthday Wreath card. To finish my cards, I added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, and to make them even more festively cute, I added morning dew nuvo drops at different places.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Birthday cupcakes stamp set
- Sentiment strips: birthday stamp set
- Layered birthday wreath stencils
- Sentiment strips die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: salvaged patina, spun sugar, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, mustard see, mowed lawn, peacock feathers, wilted violet, hickory smoke, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Morning dew nuvo drops
- Gold glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn
- Peony cardstock by The Stamp Market
- Island cardstock by The Stamp Market
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (backgrounds)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire