Sunny Studio - Tiki Bar Summer Scene

jeudi 29 février 2024

Hello there,

I'm so happy to be back on Sunny Studio's blog with this early taste of summer and lovely scene showcasing multiple items (listed down below), including the wooden flooring from Sprawling Surfaces that I used as a deck to ground my little scene.


I started off by stamping all my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, as always I used the coordinating dies to cut them all, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and my Graph'it brush markers. I had so much fun going through my Sunny Studio collection to pick my stamps.

Here is a detailed list of what I used:  Sprawling Surfaces: wooden floor  Panda Party: pandas  Seasonal Trees: large palm tree, coconuts  Bunnyville: grass  Fabulous Flamingos: tropical leaves  Tiki Time: bar, toucans, torches, cocktails, greeting  Sending Sunshine: small palm tree


When the coloring was done, I cut a 4,5 x 4,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and did a sunset scenery using stencils and oxide inks. On the bottom half of the panel, I created a sand border using a hillside stencil along with antique linen and vintage photo oxide inks. And on the upper part, I created a sunset sky. I first blended, from the top to the bottom, kitsch flamingo + dried marigold + squeezed lemonade oxide inks, and to make this part of the panel more interesting, I stenciled a tropical pattern on top using, from the top to the bottom, picked raspberry + carved pumpkin + mustard seed oxide inks.

As always, I added texture to my background. I started off by mixing some vintage photo oxide with water and used a small brush to make splatters on the sand border. Next I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water and added splatters on the tropical sky. And then I did the same with copic opaque white ink that I splattered all over the panel.


I set my panel aside for a few minutes, and once it was totally dry, I white heat embossed my "Aloha" greeting from Tiki Time at the very top of the panel, and then I attached all my images using a combination of 1mm + 2mm foam squares, liquid glue and 3mm glue dots. I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Sprawling surfaces stamp set
- Panda party stamp set
- Seasonal trees stamp set
- Bunnyville stamp set
- Fabulous flamingos stamp set
- Tiki time stamp set
- Sending sunshine stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, dried marigold, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, black soot
- Tropical leaves background stencils by Lawn Fawn
- Hillside stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Faw,
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire