Pretty Pink Posh Birthday Instagram Hop

mercredi 14 février 2024


Hi there,

Join Pretty Pink Posh as they celebrate turning 10 with a big Birthday Release packed full of birthday products. Please check my post on Instagram and hop along to get inspired for your birthday projects year round!

There is also a free gift offer for qualifying purchases, so please check the graphic below for more details. And I've made a card featuring this lovely Potted Daffodils free gift so feel welcome to check it right here for some inspiration.


*****

On today's card, the main product is the brand new Birthday Train, which is a super cool addition to the already existing Valentine Train, and if you haven't seen the card I made with that cute love train, you can check it right here.


On my Valentine Train card, I had added a cute kitty from Cuddly Cats, well this time I went for a tropical/savanna theme by adding a sweet lion from Jungle Friends. As very often I started off by stamping all my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my alcohol markers.

So, along with the images from Birthday Train, here are the other stamps I picked:  Jungle Friends for the lion, vine, leaves and flowers  Valentine Train for the heart wagon.


Once all the images were colored, I moved on to the background, and started off by cutting a Slimline Peekaboo Windows panel out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock. I colored my panel using, from the bottom to the top, squeezed lemonade, dried marigold and kitsch flamingo oxide inks. And next I added more interest using one of the the Layered Leaves & Flowers stencils along with, from the bottom to the top, mustard seed, spiced marmalade and picked raspberry oxide inks.

I also added texture: I mixed some copic opaque white ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters all over the panel, and did the same with black soot oxide ink for more contrast.


Once my panel was totally dry, I attached the images using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and liquid glue. And then I created my sentiment using stamps from Birthday Train. I white heat embossed "Hooray" on pink cardstock and cut it using the matching die. And I gold heat embossed "It's your day" on white cardstock, trimmed it into a slim banner using a Sentiment Strips die, and then attached both pieces on my panel using foam squares again. And as always I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Birthday train stamp set
- Jungle friends stamp set
- Valentine train stamp set
- Slimline peekaboo windows die set
- Sentiment strips die set
- Layered leaves & flowers stencils


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Gold embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Peony cardstock by The Stamp Market
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)

1 commentaire: