Sunny Studio - Winter Love Birds

jeudi 1 février 2024

Hey there,

I'm thrilled to be back on Sunny Studio's blog with this winter card featuring two Love Birds which is a set I like a lot because you can use it for all the seasons: color the birds in aqua, bright pink or yellow and you get tropical birds, color them in brown and they're perfect for Fall, and color them like I did on today's card, and you get beautiful winter birds. So many possibilities!


I started off by creating the background, and I wanted to get a snowy sky so I used lost shadow and hickory smoke oxide inks along with a cloud stencil from my stash to achieve that. And once my 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel was covered in clouds, I added some texture to make it more interesting: I mixed some hickory smoke oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters all over the panel, and then I did the same with black soot oxide ink and with copic opaque white ink.


While my panel was drying, I stamped my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it brush markers. And along with two birds, the branch, flowers and leaves from Love Birds, I picked the birdhouse, nest and two birds from Little Birdie, and the snowflakes from Holiday Hugs.


Next I stuck all the images on my panel using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, leaving enough space for my sentiment, and once everything was attached, I stamped my "Sending winter hugs" greeting from Holiday Hugs using black Versafine ink. As always I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Love birds stamp set
- Little birdie stamp set
- Holiday hugs stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: lost shadow, hickory smoke, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn (images)
- Black versafine ink (greeting)
- Cloudy stencil by Lawn Fawn
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire