Pretty Pink Posh - Interactive Rainbow Cake

lundi 19 février 2024

Hi there,

I'm thrilled to be sharing with you this card featuring the new Pretty Pink Posh Interactive Cake die set. I love interactive cards, they're so fun to make, so I was over the moon when this new die was released!


I started off by creating a fun rainbow background on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. I first applied and blended oxide inks in a clockwise direction, starting from the top left hand corner: kitsch flamingo, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, salvaged patina and shaded lilac. Next I used the Birthday Words stencil and more oxide inks to bring more interest to my panel, creating a tone on tone look, using picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, peacock feathers and wilted violet. And as always I added texture: I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters all over the panel, and then did the same with copic opaque white ink.


I knew that I wanted to add multiple greetings inside the cake, but I still wanted to have a bold sentiment right above my Interactive Cake, so I cut "Celebrate" from the Gift Card Bag die set out of gold glitter cardstock and out of white cardstock. I glued the gold glitter word on top of the white one, but shifted it a tiny bit to the right to create a white border, and then attached my "Celebrate" at the very top of my panel using liquid glue.


Next I moved on to the Interactive Cake, and started off by working on the upper part. I cut the top piece out of a fun polka dot pattern paper, as well as a white circle border and multiple colored circles that I glued on the circle border in a rainbow order using liquid glue. Next I attached this border at the very top of my cake panel using 1mm foam squares, and then cut more elements such as the white pull tab and six colorful candles and lights. I attached those different pieces at the top of my cake panel: the pull tab in the center and three candles on either side. I also white heat embossed three different Sentiment Strips: Birthday greetings on colored cardstock, trimmed them into slim banners using Sentiment Strips dies, and attached them on my cake panel right below the rainbow circle border using liquid glue.

Next I moved on to the lower part of my Interactive Cake. I cut the bottom piece out of the same polka dot pattern paper as before. I also cut another white circle border, as well as colorful circles that, again, I glued on the white border in a rainbow order using liquid glue. I attached this circle border at the very bottom of my cake panel, and then cut more items such as a couple of pink scallop decorative pieces and six gold glitter hearts that I attached on the cake using 1mm foam squares.


To build my cake, I first added 1/8" (= 3mm) foam strips at the back on the bottom piece of cake, along the very left and right edges and along the very bottom edge as well, leaving the scallop shaped top edge with no foam. I placed the top piece of cake behind the bottom piece, right between the foam strips, peeled the backing papers off the foam, and attached my cake on another bottom panel I had cut before, creating this way some sort of a pocket in which the top part of the cake can slide in and slide out. The last thing I did was to add some morning dew nuvo drops on each candle to make them sparkle.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Interactive cake die set
- Birthday words stencil
- Sentiment strips: birthday stamp set
- Sentiment strips die set
- Gift card bag die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, twisted citron, mowed lawn, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, shaded lilac, wilted violet, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Morning dew nuvo drops
- Gold glitter cardstock by Concord & 9th
- White cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Pattern paper from the Make a wish birthday girl 6x6 paper pad by Echo Park
- Colored cardstock by The Stamp Market: peony, melon, sunshine, apple, island, lilac
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire