Sunny Studio - Only Die Cuts Winter Card

vendredi 23 février 2024

Hello there,

I'm back on Sunny Studio's blog with another example of how you can find inspiration among your cards/projects. Last week, I showed you that you can create the same background (or almost) on two cards but have different images and different themes on each card. Well, for today's card, I was inspired by the Winter Love Birds card I shared at the beginning of February, I really enjoyed making that card, and thought how nice it would be to recreate it using die cuts only. Challenge accepted :D


So, just like the other card, I started off by creating a cloudy snowy sky on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. I used lost shadow and hickory smoke oxide inks along with a cloud stencil from my stash to make that sky, and then added texture to make it less flat. I mixed some hickory smoke oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters all over my panel, and then did the same with black soot oxide ink and with copic opaque white ink.


I set my panel aside to dry, and die cut all my bits and pieces out of different colored cardstock. Here is the detailed list of the die sets I used: • Tree Branch: branch, leaves • Build A Birdhouse: birdhouses, birds, pole • Botanical Backdrop: snowflakes • Sweet Treat House Add-On: bow • Little Birdie: nest coordinating die


I added a little bit of shadows on all my pieces using oxide inks, stamped my "Sending winter hugs" greeting from Holiday Hugs in black on my panel, and then assembled and stuck everything using 1mm and 2mm foam squares. Once everything was nicely arranged on my panel, I added a few details to finish my card: a Snowflake Polymer Clay Confetti in the center of each snowflake, a black pearl on each bird for the eyes, and three white dots in the center of each flower using white nuvo drops.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Tree branch die set
- Build a birdhouse die set
- Botanical backdrop die set
- Sweet treat house add-on die set
- Little birdie coordinating die set
- Holiday hugs stamp set
- Snowflake confetti


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: lost shadow, hickory smoke, black soot, festive berries, lucky clover, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Copic opaque white ink
- Colored cardstock by The Stamp Market & Lawn Fawn
- Cloudy stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Black versafine ink (greeting)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire